Deciding to build an authority site in 2013 is no longer optional; it is a necessity. If you are to survive and thrive online in 2013 and beyond creating an authority site is a must because Google, and to a lesser extent the other search engines like Bing, wiped out lots of smaller sites in 2012 with algorithm updates like Panda and Penguin.
If you had websites involved in affiliate marketing, CPA programs, Adsense sites, Clickbank products you will know what I am talking about. The loss of rankings, traffic, and income has made much of the work and time invested in your sites completely useless.
What is an Authority Site?
Google's Basic Principles for Creating an Authority Site
The solution to this problem and future changes in Google's algorithm is to invest your time and energy in creating an authority site.
An authority type site is basically the type of site that Google and the other search engines are looking for to rank high in the search results. The great thing about authority sites is that they actually give the search engines and visitors the type of information and content that they are looking for.
This is why an authority site is the best investment of time and money you can make if you are serious about building a real business online.
Not a thin affiliate or Adsense site that will disappear from the search results the next time Google updates it's algorithm.
Google webmaster guidelines are pretty extensive as to what they regard as an authority or quality site.
(You can get a free report from Lisa Parmley outlining how she builds websites to attract lots of traffic and high search engine rankings: Authority Site Model Free 22 Page Report (no opt in required)
Google's guidelines can be broken down into 4 broad principles: Quality guidelines - basic principles from Google
- Make pages primarily for users, not for search engines.
- Don't deceive your users.
- Avoid tricks intended to improve search engine rankings. A good rule of thumb is whether you'd feel comfortable explaining what you've done to a website that competes with you, or to a Google employee. Another useful test is to ask, "Does this help my users? Would I do this if search engines didn't exist?"
- Think about what makes your website unique, valuable, or engaging. Make your website stand out from others in your field. (Source: Google Webmaster guidelines, Google Webmaster tools)
How to Build an Authority Site-The Authority Site Model
There is a lady in Carolina called Lisa Parmley who has been quietly making a lot of money online since 2001.
You may not have heard much about her because she is not inclined to engage in hype or false claims about making money fast.
She is not the type of individual that you will see on the Warrior Forum making all kinds of crazy claims about success for getting rich quick.
But those of us, and there are many, who have been following her advice and teachings and who have bought her training programs swear by her and recognize that she actually knows what she is talking about. (Note: her training programs are the Authority Site Model and the Inline Seo System (version 2.0). Clicking on the links will take you to a comprehensive review of both products)
What she teaches has been instrumental in my success online and has allowed me to forget about the "next big thing" or "shiny object" and concentrate on building quality, authority type sites which gain increasing amounts of traffic from the search engines and other webmasters.
And as a consequence I have seen my earnings slowly but surely creep upward on a steady graph like ivy climbing a wall.
Parmley's teaching course, "Authority Site Model", teaches how to build an authority site for top search engine rankings and organic or free traffic.
She teaches you how to funnel your website visitors into a list building mechanism such as a newsletter or email list. Once you get your visitors onto your list, and you will because of the quality of the content on your site as it will be a site that visitors will actually want to land on, your reliance on the search engines for your traffic will be significantly diminished.
Because once you have subscribers on a list you can communicate with them time after time without any need for the search engines to send you traffic. This way allows you to reduce your dependence on Google and Bing and arrive at a situation where your traffic source will be split between the search engines and your mailing list.
The ability to build an authority site which will rank well also opens up a number of different opportunities to you.
Like setting up your own offline web design/internet marketing agency to cater for brick and mortar type businesses who don't know anything about getting traffic and leads from the internet. Once you learn this valuable skill-the ability to build a great website which the search engines love-a world of opportunities open up to you.
Indeed, you are limited only by your own imagination and energy.
But you do need to learn the basic skills involved in building a good website. Regardless of whether the site is for your own online business or providing services for others (online or offline) you will need to understand how the search engines rank web pages, websites, and how to generate free/organic traffic.
This is essential. Frankly, without this basic skill you will waste a huge amount of time chasing the "next big thing" and creating poor sites which will, sooner or later as sure as day follows night, be "found out" by the search engines and plummet in rankings.
Some other benefits of building an authority site include:
- Building a stable income source and real asset for the future, one that won't be knocked about in the search engines like a boat in a stormy sea;
- Much higher earnings potential compared to Adsense or thin affiliate sites;
- No need to try to manage tens or hundreds of small sites-you know how hard and time consuming that can be;
- Obtaining links to your site will be easier and natural as other webmasters will actually want to link to your site as a "go to site" in your niche or market;
- You will be building a real online business, not spending your time on some get rich quick gimmick that might be in Google's sights next time..if they haven't hit you already.
But the ability to build a decent site and generate good rankings and traffic is essential.
Without this skill you simply won't succeed online as you will be reduced to spending lots of money on advertising programs like Google Adwords and other pay per click programs. The Authority Site Model from Lisa Parmley focuses on great content as the foundation of your site. The course is split up into 6 modules:
- List building
- Keywords and site structure
- Creating authority content
- Building the site
- Promoting your new authority site.
Here is what Parmley provides in the Authority Site Model:
- An introduction to authority sites comprising 3 videos lasting 30 minutes
- The Research module comprising 6 videos lasting over 1.3 hours
- The List Building module comprising 4 videos lasting just under 1 hour
- Keywords and site structure module comprising 3 videos lasting 54 minutes
- Authority content module: 5 videos lasting well over 2 hours
- The building your authority site module with 6 videos lasting 2 hours
- The list building module with 6 videos lasting 3.5 hours.
- Video transcripts in PDF format
- All of the above material can be downloaded to your desktop whenever is convenient for you and regardless of whether you prefer to learn by video or written documents as you can download everything.
Parmley is not your average internet marketer-the type you will have come across before making unbelievable promises.
No, she actually holds a Masters Degree in Science and has worked in the past as a research scientist.
Her training program includes videos, action plans, checklists, and transcripts. All of the material can be downloaded immediately to your desktop computer and for up to 12 months after purchase.
And she provides a full refund with no questions asked for up to 30 days after purchase.
Don't take my word for any of this though-check her out for yourself.
Word of warning: Building authority sites, sites of real substance that have visitors returning to again and again and which have other webmasters linking to naturally because of the quality of your site's content requires work. There is no way around this, thankfully, and if you are not prepared to work hard and invest in your online business then Parmley's training is not for you. This is serious training for serious individuals with ambition and who are prepared to approach their business professionally.
Free Report Helps You Build an Authority Site-Free Videos Training from Authority Site Model Training
Currently Parmley is providing a free report and free video training so that you can see the quality for yourself.
There are also free training videos which you can take a look at and you will be stunned by the quality and attention to detail of Parmley's approach. The free report does not require an opt in but to access the videos will require you opt in to Parmley's list.
If you are interested in making 2013 a year when you turn a corner in your online business efforts and you give yourself the almost certain probability of succeeding online please accept the free report and video training by clicking on the link below.
You can get the free report here: Authority Site Model Free 22 Page Report (no opt in required) (She also provides free video training (4 videos) and there is an opt in required for these.)
NOTE: I am proud to call myself an affiliate for Parmley's 2 products. This means that I get a commission if you eventually purchase one of her 2 training products through one of my links. I don't recommend Parmley's courses for the commission though...I recommend them because I believe in them because I know her training works.
If I created a training product myself I would have done so along the lines that Parmley has done but couldn't top her efforts in terms of quality etc.